Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Things that are on my mind

When a deadline looms, or i find myself starting to get overwhelmed, one of the things that I try to make time for is a brain dump. Usually, this comes out in a torrent to a trusted friend, or on a post-it-note that i don't find for another six months.

Sometimes making a list helps...other times, too much stuff gets piled on and even making a list seems like another straw to break the camel's back.

But for a change the only things I have to worry about right now are rather simple.
  1. Will the apartment complex actually (for a change) adhere to their promise and give me my keys on time tomorrow
  2. What am I going to do in MY apartment to make it my own
Of course number 2 is completely contingent on number 1. And since i have almost NO control at this point of number 1.....i find myself obsessing over number 2.

I keep thinking of things that will be really important very shortly. Things like a step stool to put up full length curtains to help obscure views from windows. Those curtains will need curtain rods, and I'll need to get a drill which can hold a charge for more than 10 minutes to put up those rods.
It's all becoming a cyclical situation which involves me somehow managing to find time to go shopping.
One thing I have made time for is picking out paint colors because i finally have an opportunity to paint and darnit...I'm going to take it. Painting has never been much of a chore for me; in fact, i find it rather soothing. it's a monotonous task that you can do in a variety of different ways and still end up with a measurable result. So I'm not begrudging the fact that I'll have to paint the walls back before i leave whether that be in one year or several. I'm very much tired of white, off white, beige, taupe, and other such BLA colors.
Much to my family's confusion (they all expected me to leave it white)...i'm looking in the ranges of Warm tuscany-spicy yellows to set off the Red Couch of Awesomeness, and the dark mahogany stained furniture I am in the process of building.
I'll post some pictures when i get it all set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>