Monday, December 14, 2009

Winter's Delights and Deadfalls

Winter in the Northwest is a mixed blessing. This has been true especially in the last couple of years.
  • We get several light dustings of snow....but they accumulate and turn into layer upon layer of ice.
  • There isn't enough snow for us to feel like we can't drive....but Seattlelites can't drive in anything more than a drizzle anyway
  • Holiday shopping is at it's peak...and so are the lines at the stores.
  • Friends are always happy to see you...provided you're the one willing to brave the icy streets to see them.
  • There isn't a lot of snow on your windshields in the morning....just a lot of stubborn ice.
With Nano over, I'm finally catching up on all the miscellaneous tasks that fell by the wayside. Things like oil changes, cleaning, paperwork, bill filing, and decorating. The one think i absolutely love about the Christmas season is the lights. They make me so happy. I even have a strand up at work. Now all i have to do is survive cleaning my room and I'll be back to normal.

In other news, I am currently locked in an epic battle with a credit card company that i opened my first account with when i turned 18. Seems the left hand isn't talking to the right and all the words are coming right out of the ass. It wasn't until i started my cold and agressive campaign in which i demanded and took down names, extensions and departments that i finally started getting somewhere. Normally, i wouldn't take such a strong emotion with this kind of issue. However, the fact is, I was told that my account was shut down in MAY. I have paperwork stating so. But the annual fee actually sent me to collections. And now they're trying to hold my $500 dollars hostage. Not to put too fine a point on it- I'm not pleased with that prospect.

I believe credit cards are a necessary evil. I simply DO not spend money i don't have yet the society we live in requires us to maintain some kind of credit score. Yet since i have maintained good credit up till this point; things like Annual Fees and Giving them 500$ to hold to make sure my credit is assured....are not acceptable. And that 500$ is MINE.

Christmas shopping is almost done. I have one more stop to do since i very nearly forgot someone very important to me. As of tonight, I should be clear to wrap and deliver. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>