Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ok, Brain = Dead

Sorry for the delay in posting. Nano got a little hectic for a while. You'll be happy to know that i reached the 50k on the 29th, and then decided not to push my word count beyond that. I simply burned out this year. Between the new boyfriend, family demands, friends who realize I'm suddenly available again, AND all of the tasks that i have put off all month....I'm beat.
And while I'm still too burned out to even plan an after party, I'm doing my best. It might just turn out that next Tuesday we all meet up and chat and talk and joke around. Because thus far, trying to coordinate a bowling night has been hell, both by picking a day that they can all make it, and that the night isn't already taken over.
My life is currently in a state of chaos. I haven't cleaned in a month, making my room an effective obstacle course. Rather than try to sort through a months worth of clothing on my floor, i simply washed everything made of cloth. I'm not quite finished getting that back in order, but my room is a lot less dangerous than before.
Also, i'm going to be making judgment calls on a lot of the things in my room which have been in my way. Things like satchels, luggage, etc that are bulky and don't need to stay in my room when i have a perfectly good garage to store things in.

In other news:
After 6 days off of work, I'm back in the grind. The vacation was much needed and greatly beneficial. Now if only i could just squint my eyes and make this stack disappear.
Also, It's the holiday time. Out comes the half merry half scrooge Anne.
I love the lights, the thrill of finding perfect gifts, the snow, the fact that for a change i have someone to cuddle up with under a comforter on the cold nights and watch Star Trek for the gazillionth time.
What I don't love is that this is a consumerist free for all with ungrateful brats, pushy parents and the tug of wars over parking spaces. People seem to get caught up in the MUST BUY GIFTS zombie like mentality and forget the spirit of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>