Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sounding Boards

Several of my friends are now getting used to this new designation i have bestowed on them. They are my sounding boards. I need to get things out of my brain before I can even know they were there. Sometimes, simply having someone there and talking at them is enough to jog some shining tidbit out of my brain.
One thing i both like and disliked about last year was the lack of productivity at the Write-Ins. Sometimes, my brain just needed that break. Sometimes I needed sounding boards. But ultimately, i should have been spending some time writing.
When I decided to do NaNo this year, I also decided to take on most of the responsibility of what NaNo called "Municipal Liaisons". Short version is...they set up and show up for meetings.
Which is exactly what i'm doing. It's not hard so far. My main job, is keeping the conversation going.
I'm currently plotting for incentives to write during Write-Ins. Somehow though, my brain keeps ending back up in my story idea. go figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>