Monday, October 19, 2009

Candy Coating

As Halloween creeps up, so comes the masses of candy. It's everywhere and retailers are all but throwing it at you. So comes the visits to the costume shops and decoration stores.

I love Halloween, I really do. Dressing up as soemthing else, mystery and for a change, being allowed to scare the bejeebies out of your friends.

What i don't love...is the price tags. 59.99 for a draped sheet turned into a toga. 39.99 for a zombie outfit of ripped clothes. I mean really? And seeing the same boring costumes every single year. People need to get creative!

My sister and i were discussing cheap and easy costumes. mullet wig+leather jacket+boots = 80's biker chick. Green visor, fuzzy car dice, deck of cards = poker dealer. All black outfit, white gloves hat and facepaint=mime!
I won't tell mine, but I hope to at least be comfortable. not wearing skirts that barely cover the essentails during october weather.

And on a side note:
Why is it, that when you disagree with someone, no matter how nice you are about it...they still get ticked off at you and punish you for not agreeing with them?

I'm blunt. I don't do sugar coating, and I don't beat around the bush about things. Yet what really gets me, is the hypocrisy involved with an argument. So long as you agree with them, even if an opinion is unsolicited....it's OK. As a matter of fact, it's appreciated.
Yet, if you have the audacity to contradict or voice a negative point, even prefacing them with "no offense" or "I'm not trying to hurt your feelings with this...but i dissagree" suddenly you're the bad guy. In a conversation...there is no such thing as constructive criticism. It's just plain criticism.
It can be as simple as a disagreement on necessity, or food, or quality or any number of trivial things and suddenly it's this huge issue. And all it started as was an opinion. A different opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>