Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On Moving out, my imaginary tattoo, and my sister

There are a number of things circling around in my head today. The most prominant of them being about moving out.
I've been living with my parents my whole life. Having gone from high school straight into a college about 15 minutes away, getting my own place in this area (where prices are unbeliveable) just didn't make sense. Now that I'm off from school, with my AA in hand....it's time to move out....before my mother and I kill eachother from territorial nonsense.
I found an ad on Craigslist and immediatly liked my potential roommate and her primadona cat named Shadow upon meeting them. This is a big thing because normally I'm not a cat person at all. Bigger still is that normally I'm not very good at getting along with girls right away. I grew up with guys and I'm a tomboy. But this girl and I hit it off right away.
Now the irony is this: She and I took a pottery class from the same teacher. Not too suprising because Lars is the only pottery teacher at our college. What's more is that our mothers used to work together and were friends. I had never met this girl no her mother. So how odd is that.
As usual I'll throw in that "I"M SO EXCITED TO MOVE OUT" bit. but I'm sure most people are getting tired of hearing it so we'll leave it there and I'll go back to picking out things for my appartment to be.

In other news/stream-of-conciousness:
I've been wanting to get a tattoo for a long long time. Trouble is, I'm scared of needles and the pain they cause. Also that I've been too indecisive as to what I want a tattoo of that I wisely chose to decline that rebellious urge. However over the last few years, I fell in love with an image and actually stuck to loving it. I've never seen it since but it is firmly lodged in my brain. Eventually when I manage to unlodge it and spit it out through my fingers onto paper/ get it scanned /learn how to put it up on here....I will. However until then a description will have to suffice:
It's a tiger, orange and black, walking down in that predatory stance. Like it's balancing on a narrow branch and it's body is higher than it's head in a beautifully curved line starting with it's tail and ending with the paw that it's advancing on. And it's staring right at you almost as if it's stalking you, the prey. I want a waterfall like image behind it. and the branch it will be walking on will have cherry blossoms on it. (bet most of you who think you know me didn't see that part comming muahahah) And where will this be, you might ask? On my shoulder/back just next to my shoulder blade. Even if i wern't afraid of the pain from the needles, it probably would still be rather small spaning maybe 5 inches across the longest point. I'd let it fade gradually as well, almost as if it trickled down my back.
As it is, I even put off getting shots and giving blood because there's that single prick. So i doubt that this tattoo will become a reality any time in the near future. Besides, knowing me, I would want to watch the tattoo artist like a hawk (or a tiger) to make sure they did it just right. And getting it on the back might make that hard.I feel sorry for whoever might agree to do this for me.
I love the concept of body art when it's done in an artful or meaningful way. Doing it because there's some random trend going around doesn't qualify as art. Perhaps I'll muster up the courage or drop the idea from my brain entirely. Who knows at this point.

Lastly of the things that are on my mind that I'll actually write about in this post is my sister. My sister is seeing a guy and "kind of " really likes him. She went over to his place which is a typical bachelor pad (go figure). My sister is a neat freak and what she deems as "dirty" would normally be just cluttered to normal people. So when he said that she wouldn't want to see the bedroom because she was already critisizing his main living area (gee, i don't blame him). She responds to him with this: "I bet my sister's room (me -_-) is worse." Not only did that upset me, but I was genuinely insulted. So now this guy whenever I might meet him will have a negative "slob" connotation in his mind about me.
To set the record straight. My room is cluttered, no doubt. I live currently in a 9x9 room with a 4 foot closet. And that's where ALL my belongings are. There just plain old isn't enough room to spread out. Like my sister does in her 1 bedroom apartment with storage locker as well. So yes, my room does look messy at first glance. However, clean clothes are on one side of the room, and dirty are in a hamper ready for me to go do laundry. That's the closest it comes to dirty.
So now i don't know how to handle my sister. Obviously she has very little regard for me in this sense as to insult me to someone whom i will probably meet at some point. Were i to tell someone about her that she was a neurotic neat freak with obsessive compulsive tendencies that go way out of control leading her to be cleaning at 3am because the bathroom she just cleaned yesterday is dirty and she can't sleep. Yes it's true, but she would jump down my throat about something like that as being rude.
On the flip side of all of this (you will realize as time goes on that there are two sides of me, Rational and emotional) Do I really care what this random guy thinks about me? No. Does my nerotic sister's opion about my room matter? No. Am I going to change my behavior which has worked for 21 years so far because of this? No. So why does this bother me?....i have no idea... but it does and i need to do something about it.
Anyway that's the tip of the iceberg for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>