Friday, June 27, 2008

Finally can do this without crying

A week has gone by since my boyfriend of 2 years and 2 months (minus five days) decided to call it splits. Before this it was too hard for me to write about anything regarding this event without crying.
Joe is going back to Wisconsin where he's from in order to pursue some schooling to better his future. I'm not going with him. The split is as simple as that.
We're still friends, as best as we know how. We still can talk and we do, about things like this as that, how our day went. Having talked to him every day for about the last 3 years, it's been hard to suddenly not have that every day "brain dump". I think that's probably one of the things i'll miss the most. Having to hold onto all my thoughts, both dark and light again. Not having someone to listen without judgement. The trust i placed in him will be hard to move on from, but i know i can.
Joe is a good man. I harbor no anger towards him and i wish him the best for his future. We were not ment to be and we both knew that.
My friends have been a great source of support for me, a few more so than even my family. In this week, i've cried more over a boy than i have ever before, telling me just how lucky i was to have such a great guy who could touch my heart even from a long distance and that i can still be friends with him.
Perhaps this is getting sappy and pathetic for some to read, but this is more of a final release for me. I'm getting back to my normal personality, the optomistic, perky, hyper, sassy smart ass now. While i'll still continue to miss what i had, the encouragable pragmatist in me will keep reminding me that my future is elsewhere and that i'll continue gathering friends like Joe along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>