Wednesday, November 23, 2011

NaNo 2011 - Day 23

If it hadn't been for the severe sleep deprivation, i might have finished last night.

Yup you read that right. my current word count is 48,011k, and if i didn't need these silly sleep things...i probably would have kept going and reached 50 last night.

As it was i was starting to feel physical complications from my late nights and early mornings. I had a muscle knot under my right shoulder blade that was so painful that i could feel it every time i breathed. And i had scary level dark bags under my eyes. Let me tell you, i do not look pretty after chronic lack of sleep.

I did the only thing i knew how to do. I laid on the floor of my apartment with an electric blanket draped over my back turned up on high. And then i had the wonderful Boyfriend Jon massage the bad knot hard. And then i left the blanket on for another hour, typing on my story while still laying on the floor. When i checked later, the knot had dissipated for the most part.

However it is a little bit sad that it took me until 47k to write even a single scene that i had planned out before Nano started. However, the hotel chase scene was fun.

Tonight i'll reach 50. and then immediately book a massage with someone with super strong hands that can grind all the other knots out of my back and neck.

Then we'll see about finishing Foolish Luck and fixing the first 2/3rds of the story so it's not so unbelievably boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>