Friday, June 18, 2010

Commute

Ah, the dreary, mind numbing, aggravating, dismal, stressful drive to work. Gridlocked roads, uncooperative lights, drivers eating breakfast or doing their makeup as they swerve into the next lane. Aggressive distracted, oblivious, dangerous, and slow drivers.

The above was no small reason why i decided to move extremely close to my work. Things to avoid turning my car into a ramming vehicle and why my steering wheel doesn't have dents in it from banging my head or gripping too tightly.

I DESPISE a long commute. So much so that I'm willing to pay more to live int he city where my work is. And indeed with this most recent move, i have found the following.

It takes me less time to ride a bike leisurely to work than it takes most of my co-workers to drive when they're in a hurry.

Don't hate me, we all make choices and this is one that was important to me. In fact it takes me only three turns to arrive safely at work. My only frustration along the one long road when people ignore the posted speed limit and drive ten miles under just to be sure they don't get pulled over or miss their turn.

There are buses nearby if i so choose to take that route. And in the event of a major catastrophe, as our annual evacuation drill notes....i can walk home. This truly is a great idea.

Other news:
The best wake up call ever is trying on a pair of old jeans you stopped wearing, and finding that they fit! without a muffin top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>