Monday, May 18, 2009

Update

Today is the 18th. Last Friday i foolishly assumed that i would have my endorsement today. Instead i was met with a bevvy of exercises that left me exhausted both mentally and physically.
And that was just the riding.
While i passed my written exam with 100%, I unfortunately failed the driving range by a single point.
So rather than sitting and wallowing in misery over the blow to my ego; here's the facts
  • I still have 30 days to pass
  • I have Mark, a riding veteran and patient instructor.
  • I have use of my sister's bike and a large parking lot across the street from her apartment
  • I can get the measurements off the course and re-create them with chalk Then totally p0wn them!

And most importantly. I have my determination. This is truly a part of my being. Being on the bike fits for lack of a better explanation. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when i get my endorsement.

Doing the weaving and throttle and clutch all came naturally. It was the tight turns that caught me.

On the plus side i guess; when i get out on the real road. I'll be a better driver thanks to extra practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>