Friday, July 18, 2008

Growing Up

Generally, i dont' respond well to change.
I get pannic attacks, i resist with every fiber of my being. I don't like change. I don' t like that feeling of "i have no clue what's going to happen and all these strangers are telling me it's for the best".
I've lived at home my whole life. There have alwasy been mom and dad to go to when i'm having a problem, when i need assistance, and there's always that security of Mom and dad would never let anything bad happen to me.
However this all came at a price to me.
I am 21 years old. In my parents house, I am not allowed to drink anywhere other than the dining room table, where my parents can keep an eye on me and make sure i'm not turning into a closet drinker. For the record...i've been drunk twice since my 21st birthday. I don't like alcohol and i don't see a need for it other than to simply relax on occasion.
Also at 21 years old, i have a curfew. A CURFEW of midnight! A curfew that i ignore every chance i get, but my parents love to remind me that i wasn't home on time and try to punish me.
At 21 years old I am REQUIRED to give up one day every weekend to help out with home improvement projects or cleaning up at the island. None of my other siblings have ever been required to do this.
There are a pleathora of other things that i deem rediculous. No eating downstairs, no friends in the house (including female friends) if my parents aren't home. If my parents need my car, they can use it and i just have to deal with it.
Alright. I'm done. Fuck that terrified feeling of change is bad. I want out. Stagnant out-dated consistancy is much worse than the unknown. I want to stay out all night and greet the sunrise with my last drink of the night before i pass out. I want to eat wherever i please, and have my guy buddies spend the fricken night if they want to.
So for probably another event to add to the very short list where i'm excited for change.
I got approved for the apartment. I move out in two weeks.

I can't fucking wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$CommentPager$>